TechX Clean Energy Accelerator
Our Clean Energy Accelerator is an intensive 15-week programme for up to 12 innovative clean energy start-ups with clear potential to significantly accelerate the transition to an affordable net zero energy industry.
Applications for the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator are now open
We're looking for innovative, forward-thinking technology start-ups who have clean energy solutions to help accelerate the energy transition. Does that sound like you? Discover all you need to know about the accelerator, and submit your application today.
TechX invites you to find out more about the Clean Energy Accelerator at our Virtual Roadshow events, taking place September - October 2021. Click below to register for one of our sessions:
The programme is supported by our strategic partners, bp Ventures and Equinor Ventures.
Our strategic partners and our close links to the offshore renewables industry, the nascent clean hydrogen and alternative fuels industry, and North Sea oil and gas offer start-ups a fantastic opportunity to develop their technologies and grow their businesses, helped by a generous £100,000 grant per company.
Successful graduates join a select group of technology start-ups from the previous TechX Pioneer Accelerators and have use of the TechX Growth co-working space and support for two years post-graduation.
Companies chosen for the accelerator will receive up to a £100,000 grant and expert help from our delivery partners and mentors on:
- Testing your value proposition and business model with technical experts from potential industrial customers across the value chain
- Creating a minimum viable product or prototype
- Pitching to customers at Demo Day
- Securing field trials to pilot your solution with the industry, including bp, Equinor and our other partners
- Structuring capital raising and pitches to investors, before putting it into practice on Investor Day
- Building diverse teams
- Connecting into the Net Zero Technology Centre’s extensive energy industry network and maximising the benefit
- Structuring your business optimally from a legal and tax perspective
- Creating and developing your brand
- Complying with regulation and anticipating regulatory changes
- Protecting your IP, developing an IP strategy and applying for patents
More information on the Clean Energy Accelerator and our previous cohorts is available in our brochure which you can download here. If you have any further questions regarding the programme, please refer to our FAQs, or don't hesitate to get in touch for support: TechX@netzerotc.com
We are interested in early stage start-ups with technology solutions in the following areas:
- Renewable energy technologies, hydrogen and other clean fuels
- Carbon capture, usage and storage
- Oil and gas emission reduction technologies
Aligning with the Net Zero Technology Centre’s core values, the Clean Energy Accelerator facilitates an inclusive environment which thrives on diversity of thought. For the accelerator’s fourth cohort in 2022, TechX’s aim is for 30% of shortlisted start-ups to be led by females (either by a female CEO or by another senior female leader with an equity stake in the company). In addition:
- We will continue to deliver the accelerator programme virtually to open the door to some flexible working with an aim to broaden the application pool
- We will ensure that the judging panel for our finalist pitch day retains a 50% gender split
- TechX will deliver a dedicated session on the benefits of building diverse teams and advisory boards as part of the programme, with the expectation that participating start-ups will incorporate more diversity in their teams
- Our aspiration is by 2025 to have at least 40% of start-ups that graduate from the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator to be female-led