TechX Clean Energy Accelerator
Our Clean Energy Accelerator is an intensive 15-week programme for 12 innovative clean energy start-ups with clear potential to significantly accelerate the transition to an affordable net zero energy industry.
Our fourth cohort of start-ups have completed the accelerator, but their journey is just beginning.
They consist of ambitious and innovative entrepreneurs. Forward-thinking, diverse teams who offer new solutions that will help us accelerate a net zero energy industry. Having graduated from the Clean Energy Accelerator, we will continue to work with them for a further two years to ensure they grow to reach commercialisation and beyond.
Meet TechX's latest cohort
Applications for cohort 5 will open on 11 July 2022. Discover more about the award-winning programme below, or subscribe to receive the latest updates.
The programme is supported by our Strategic Partners, bp, Equinor and ADNOC, and our Professional Services Partner, Accenture.
As TechX Strategic Partners, bp, Equinor and ADNOC provide our start-ups with access to technology experts, investment opportunities and the potential for field trials.
As our TechX Professional Services Partner, Accenture supports the TechX team and provides our start-ups with expert tutoring during the 15-week programme.
Our strategic partners and our close links to the offshore renewables industry, the nascent clean hydrogen and alternative fuels industry, and North Sea oil and gas offer start-ups a fantastic opportunity to develop their technologies and grow their businesses, helped by a generous £100,000 grant per company.
Successful graduates join a select group of technology start-ups from the previous TechX Pioneer Accelerators and have use of the TechX Growth co-working space and support for two years post-graduation.
Companies chosen for the accelerator will receive up to a £100,000 grant and expert help from our delivery partners and mentors on:
- Testing your value proposition and business model with technical experts from potential industrial customers across the value chain
- Creating a minimum viable product or prototype
- Pitching to customers at Demo Day
- Securing field trials to pilot your solution with the industry, including bp, Equinor and our other partners
- Structuring capital raising and pitches to investors, before putting it into practice on Investor Day
- Building diverse teams
- Connecting into the Net Zero Technology Centre’s extensive energy industry network and maximising the benefit
- Structuring your business optimally from a legal and tax perspective
- Creating and developing your brand
- Complying with regulation and anticipating regulatory changes
- Protecting your IP, developing an IP strategy and applying for patent
Our technology focus areas are:
- Renewable energy technologies, hydrogen and other clean fuels
- Carbon Capture, Usage and Storage
- Oil and gas emissions reduction technologies